WILLEMEN GROEP is today Belgium's largest family-owned construction group. The Group's expansion has gathered momentum in the fourth generation of family ownership, with, among others, the acquisition of contractors Franki (1998), Cosimco (2005), Groep De Waal (2005), road builders Aswebo (2011), Aannemingen Van Wellen (2014) and Kumpen (2018). In 2013 Willemen Groep received the prestigious "Entrepreneur of the Year" award for its dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit. This prize is a real incentive for all employees to continue grow the company, and serves to showcase the Group's values and ambitions. We offer our customers a highly complementary range of building activities, from civil engineering and industrial construction to residential and non-residential projects to road building, either alone or in consortia. Such synergies not only open up many more opportunities to us but also strengthen the bond between our companies and our image.
One year ago the Dutch company APM Terminals has awarded the construction of a new container terminal for APM Terminals Tangier MedPort to a conglomeration of four companies of the Willemen Groep. The companies being Aswebo, Aannemingen Van Wellen, Franki Construct and Cosimco. The terminal will be built on a site of 53 hectares and will have a quay length of 1.200 meters. It will be the first automated container terminal in Africa.
To support our team in Morocco we are looking for an experienced HSSE Coordinator that will provide Health, Safety, Security and Environmental leadership, direction, instruction and technical expertise.
At the moment we are halfway with this project. You can take a look by visiting following link : https://www.willemen.be/nl/nieuws/realisatie-containerterminal-tanger-exact-halfweg-2136?utm_source=Willemen+Groep+nieuwsbrief&utm_campaign=0ec33c2ff4-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_24&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7a7d0dd4f8-0ec33c2ff4-450017421 .
As the HSSE Coordinator you will ensure compliance to all regulations. You will ensure that the plant operates in a safe manner through policy development and training within a team atmosphere. You will grow a strong safety culture that shall be embraced by all employees, including contractors, that work at this site.
- Support goals to provide a safe and effective workplace;
- Work with and coordinate security mandates and direction;
- Review all capital projects to ensure safety hazards and environmental mitigation are identified and noted.;
- Provide support and expertise to the Project Manager to mitigate and/or communicate Safety and Environmental issues associated with projects;
- Participate as team member on plant project meetings;
- Work with plant/corporate personnel to create strategies that ensure a safe and effective workplace;
- Engage, include, and communicate with team members in developing and implementing strategies that achieve a safe and practice work place;
- Complete, submit, and maintain all environmental/safety reports as required;
- Stay abreast of the changing regulatory environment;
- Provide plant leadership with analysis;
- Provide solutions to issues raised.
- 5 years experience in a similar role;
- Civil/construction or oil/gaz background (preferable supervisor);
- Experience in “hardship” locations, environments where project HSSE is more strict than what subcontractors are used to;
- Preferably university degree in Occupational Health and Safety management;
- Able to implement practical and pragmatic solutions;
- Confident to manage an international team (10 members in HSSE Department);
- Understanding audit systems;
- Knowledge of French and English is mandatory, Arabic & Dutch is nice to have but not a requirement;
- Strong management skills.
We can offer you a challenging job within a spectacular environment. You will be located at Morocco for approximately one year. Within our group there are various opportunities we can offer you when this particular project is finished. You will join a company which is fun to work for and where colleagues are motivated to get the job done with a smile. We can provide you with a competitive salary package.