Willemen Group has 2,400 employees making it the largest family-run construction group in Belgium. Our group contains many contracting firms, subcontractors, and property developers. We offer our customers a highly complementary range of construction activities, from civil engineering and industrial construction to residential and utility projects to road construction, either alone or in consortia. A turnover of 750 million euro is achieved across all branches annually.
Our many impressive Belgian construction projects have not gone unnoticed internationally. In recent years we have been increasingly active abroad: on the one hand to shape our growth plans and on the other hand to respond to the increasing demand from a number of emerging markets. Especially in Africa, Willemen Group wants to use its expertise, but there are also activities in Central and Eastern Europe. Our added value? Outstanding know-how and project management, together with the involvement of local people and resources. The embassy we built in Kinshasa is most certainly a prestigious international reference. We are currently building a new container terminal with a quay length of 1,200 metres at a 53-hectare site in the port of Tangier. It will be the first automated container terminal in Africa.
We want to bolster our team and are looking for an International Business Controller for our foreign projects.
- You are responsible for planning and the control cycle, regular financial reports, investment analyses, and internal accounts reconciliation.
- You design and manage the reporting and information systems, administrative systems, uniform work methods, and the procedures across the different departments.
- You will be a full-time representative of the Willemen Group for one or more foreign branches.
- You report directly to the board of the foreign branch(es).
- You have a master’s degree in an applied economic or commercial science.
- You have at least five years experience in a similar job. Of course, the job was also abroad.
- You are prepared to work at least 80% of your time at one of our foreign projects.
- Knowledge of Dutch, French, and English is required.
- You are critically minded, articulate, and challenge the business in the decisions that they take.
- You are well trained in a variety of computer software applications.
- You described yourself as extrovert, social, hands-on, and proactive.
What we offer:
You will join a company with an ambitious view of the future, a lot of autonomy, a modern infrastructure, job security, career growth opportunities, and a motivational salary package. Are you looking for a new and varied job? If so, we have a really great challenge waiting for you.