Willemen Group has 2,400 employees making it the largest family-run construction group in Belgium. Our group contains many contracting firms, subcontractors, and property developers. We offer our customers a highly complementary range of construction activities, from civil engineering and industrial construction to residential and utility projects to road construction, either alone or in consortia. A turnover of 750 million euro is achieved across all branches annually.
Our many impressive Belgian construction projects have not gone unnoticed internationally. In recent years we have been increasingly active abroad: on the one hand to shape our growth plans and on the other hand to respond to the increasing demand from a number of emerging markets. Especially in Africa, Willemen Group wants to use its expertise, but there are also activities in Central and Eastern Europe. Our added value? Outstanding know-how and project management, together with the involvement of local people and resources. The embassy we built in Kinshasa is most certainly a prestigious international reference. We are currently building a new container terminal with a quay length of 1,200 metres at a 53-hectare site in the port of Tangier. It will be the first automated container terminal in Africa.
We want to expand our team and are actively looking for an experienced Project Director for our foreign projects.
- You are responsible for ensuring that one or more foreign projects are running smoothly.
- On-site, you organise and implement a variety of tasks for the project(s).
- You will take into account the strict requirements regarding quality, safety, and the environment.
- You are the commercial and operational point of contact for a variety of parties.
- You manage the budget as well as the contractual and commercial aspects of the project.
- You are a team leader and know how to motivate people.
- You have a degree in industrial or civil engineering.
- You have at least ten years of experience as a manager in the construction sector, preferably in the field of civil works or road construction. Foreign experience is a big advantage.
- You are prepared to work at least 80% of your time at one of our foreign projects.
- You have first-rate (legal) knowledge with respect to drawing up and managing contracts.
- You are stress resistant and multitasking is second nature to you.
- You work autonomously and have a hands-on attitude.
- Knowledge of Dutch, French, and English is required.
- You also identify with our values and standards where authenticity is key.
What we offer:
You will join a company with an ambitious view of the future, a lot of autonomy, a modern infrastructure, job security, career growth opportunities, and a motivational salary package. Are you looking for a new and varied job? If so, we have a really terrific challenge waiting for you!