WILLEMEN GROEP consists of many different companies, with operations largely decentralised. The individual companies benefit from this extensive autonomy because their activities are so varied and specialised. This is also why the business lines have their own monitoring systems, adapted to the specific nature of the work. The Supervisory Board, Group Management Committee, Real Estate Committee and various Shared Service Centres oversee affairs at group level.
The Supervisory Board consists of the group’s shareholders – Johan, Tom, Katleen and Bram Willemen – along with five external members. It acts as an important advisory body within the group. The Board meets every two months to analyse and verify the financial and operational management of the group. The five external members each have in-depth expertise in a particular field and their advice is key to the effective functioning of the group.
The Supervisory Board plays an important role in strategic decisions on:
• Financial structure
• External benchmarking
• Risk management
• The management structures of various departments
The Supervisory Board is assisted and advised by three committees: the Appointments and Remuneration Committee, the Audit Committee, and the Risk Committee.
Members of the Supervisory Board
- Francis Ampe
- Karel De Boeck
- Jurgen Ingels
- Eric Stroobants
- Luc Van Milders
- Bram Willemen
- Johan Willemen
- Katleen Willemen
- Tom Willemen
Shared Service Centers
The group has the following Shared Service Centres:
• Finance: accounting and financial management
• Legal, Risk & Insurance: legal matters, risk management, insurance and fleet management.
• Human Resources: coordination of the HR policy.
• IT: maintenance of information and communication technologies.
• Quality, Safety & Environment: combines the knowledge of all safety and prevention advisers, and quality and environment coordinators.
• Business Transformation: analysis and optimisation of business processes, new ways of working, and implementation of associated software packages.
The financial year runs from 01/01 to 31/12.
|Total for liabilities||449.515||406.263||380.155||339.980||341.955|
profit and loss account
|Profit before taxes||18.295||10.957||11.371||9.841||11.376|
|Equity mutation/ Third-party share||-3.924||-2.654||-4.225|