Certifications and attestations
Willemen Infra is recognised in the following classes and categories and sub-categories:
1B – B1
8C – 8C1 – 5G
8C1 – 1C2 – 8C2 – 1C3 – 6C3 – 5C5 – 8C5 – 6C7 – 8C7
1D1 – 8D1 – 1D24 – 1D29 – 3D8
8E – 8E1 – 5D
E1 – 1E2 – 1E4 – 6E4
5G – 8G – 1G2 – 1G3
6H – 7H – 8H
1P1 – 1P2 – 1P3
1S – 1S1
Certificates and attestations:
Willemen Infra attaches great importance to quality, safety and the environment. Evidence of this are the ISO 9001, SCC, COPRO and EMAS certifications we have been awarded.
The starting point for the ISO 9001 quality standard is a process model for quality management. The model presents the business processes and the business cycle. Client demands, client satisfaction and continuous improvement are the keywords here:
- Client demands: Willemen Infra knows what the client wants, anticipates this, and makes sufficient resources available to meet these demands.
- Client satisfaction: Willemen Infra delivers its product or service in the manner agreed.
- Continuous improvement: Willemen Infra continuously checks whether the demands are indeed being met and makes improvements where necessary.
Willemen Infra's clients demand and receive continuous quality.
SCC stands for Safety health and environment Checklist Contractors:
Safety: safety, health and environment (SHE)
Checklist: questionnaire developed as vetting and screening system
Contractors: suppliers, companies (contractors) that execute work for third parties (clients).
The SCC certificate is a statement that provides justified confidence 'that safety, health and environment are in good hands'. A feature of the SCC certificate is the requirement that Willemen Infra be periodically inspected to ensure that it continues to fulfil all requirements. Willemen Infra is as it were under the supervision of the certification organisation that issued the certificate and that regularly (annually) inspects for compliance.
The client, Willemen Infra and its personnel benefit from this SCC certificate:
- a client that contracts risky work out to Willemen Infra may be confident that this work will be done in a safe way
- Willemen Infra is guaranteed an honest, unbiased, professional assessment by a certification organisation, since the application of SCC is subject to formal European certification regulations. Moreover, SCC certification is similar to ISO 9001 systems and audits: 'one helps the other'. SCC is a means to show that Willemen Infra works in accordance with essential legal requirements.
Willemen Infra personnel can expect a safe and healthy work environment. A personal SCC safety certificate is a valuable document for its holder. This officially certified statement provides justified confidence that the holder is a skilled, safe-working professional.
COPRO certification is based on continuous industrial self-testing by the producer (Willemen Infra) of the certified product (asphalt). This in-house testing extends from the raw material phase through the entire production process to the end product.
Willemen Infra is periodically subject to an evaluation by a certification body. This includes sample taking for tests in certified laboratories. The results of these control tests must confirm the results of the self-testing of Willemen Infra in its own laboratories.
Willemen Infra is certified for:
* Poured asphalt for road construction and marine works:
- asphalt plant at Ghent
* Asphalt mixtures for road construction and marine works:
- asphalt plant at Bruges
- asphalt plant at Ghent
- asphalt plant at Lummen
* Rubble aggregates produced at a fixed location:
- crushing facility at Ghent and Bruges
In addition to attention for quality and safety, care for the environment is also an integral part of company policy at Willemen Infra.
ISO 14001 and EMAS provide the asphalt plant at Villers-Le-Bouillet with a system for integrated environmental care.
To be eligible for registration, the following was required:
- an environmental analysis of the activities, products and services was performed, and based on the results of this analysis, an environmental management system was introduced
- an environmental audit was conducted, especially targeting an assessment of the organisation's environmental performance
- an environmental statement was prepared
- the above-mentioned elements were studied to determine whether they comply with the regulations; the environmental statement was validated by the environmental verifier
- the environmental statement was submitted to the competent authorities and after registration, made public (see public environmental statement) Publieke milieuverklaring plant Brugge Déclaration environnementale plant Villers-Le-Bouillet